Sunday 10 June 2007

Puppies and other pets.

I suspect this may have been made by a school student. I remember doing one myself when I was at secondary school. It was on calico, and we had to put our name or initials on it, and wear it during our cookery class. I don't recall stitching anything so pretty as this on mine though!

Definitely a European influence in this design!

These two aprons are the same design, but the stitchers have chosen different colours. I bought them at different times, not realising with the second purchase that I was buying a replica of one already in my collection! But I don't mind, because I find it fascinating how people can change the same design by using different colours and/or stitches.

The dog on this is embroidered in very pale cotton, so I have taken a closer photo to show the dog in more detail (below)

3 comments:

woof nanny said...

Gasp! (screaming...)

Maggie Ann said...

Oh, I love those dog ones...they are so charming!

Janice said...

These are all just great! What a wonderful hobby you have going on! I have always loved aprons, but never thought about collecting them. Where do you keep them? Do you display some or just store them all?
Blessings!