Thursday 14 June 2012

Apron Show at Castlemaine, Vic.

Last week I visited the country town of Castlemaine, to attend an exhibition of vintage aprons. It is being held at a historic homestead named Buda. None of these aprons are from my collection, but I'm posting some photos on this blog because I know the readers will enjoy seeing them. If anyone reading this has any objection to my posting these photos here, please leave a comment or email me direct, and I will remove them. Don't want to tread on anyone's toes!











It was fascinating for me to note that not one of these aprons is the same as any that I have in my own collection. A couple are similar, but not exactly the same. I love the half apron made from ties - I will definitely try to make one of those some time with my vast stash of neckties!

2 comments:

Linda Ruthie said...

Thanks for sharing these aprons. So much wonderful embroidery!

Linens and Royals said...

What a wonderful collection, I have one or two in my collection that look similar. The one with the Coat of Arms looks impressive.
Sylvia.