Thursday 21 May 2009

A very old unfinished apron.


I received this stunning apron from Doreen, a fellow stitcher on a Postcards Yahoo Group, and also from Stitchin Fingers. People are so thoughtful! You meet someone in cyberspace, who you would never have met otherwise, and they remember you like something, so when they find one, they send it to you! Doreen has obviously been looking at my blogs, and noticed this one, so when this apron was donated to her Guild for the recycle table, she snapped it up for me instead - thank you heaps, dear friend!!

3 comments:

Doreen G said...

I'm glad that you like it Gina -it was a pleasure to send it to a home where it would be appreciated.

crazyhaberdasher said...

Hi! ....thanks for your comment on my spoolknitter blog...I know it isn't for everybody. I am surprised that I even have 72 members on my Flickr spoolknitter group!
I am so glad that you found the link to Blurb. My book was only done using the photos on my blog and not very well done. I imagine you will have a big job ahead - getting out all of your linens, ironing, setting up displays and taking photos..... that is one thing that I am thinking will be a huge task when I go ahead with my big volume which will also include patterns!
I wish you all the very best in your new "book" venture!!
If you need anything - advice or whatever, don't hesitate to ask. One thing I will let you know now (I can't remember if I had mentioned it during our phone conversation) is use the larger size pictures and not the smaller ones like I did. When I received the book, the pictures were a little "lost" in the layout - it is different to seeing it on the computer screen. Good Luck!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

How wonderful, it is a unique piece. blessings,Kathleen