Wednesday 4 July 2007

Some more of my aprons.

A few more aprons, which don't fit into any of the categories I have set up here for the others...What's the point of putting 'labels' on them here if nothing shows up on the blog? Or am I missing something?

One of several gingham half aprons embellished with cross stitch and ric-rac.
Detail on the pocket.
My friend Helen gave this to me for Christmas a few years ago. She found it at an opshop in Violet Town, in rural Victoria.
This doesn't need any detailed explanations - everyone knows the Willow Pattern from somewhere!
Vine leaves and grapes; this would be good to wear at a wine tasting!

3 comments:

Janice said...

They are all lovely! I especially like the one from your friend Helen. Is an opshop, an antique or thrift shop? What a beautiful name...Violet Town! I experienced the same thing as you with my blog labels, they don't show up on the blog!

Gina E. said...

Hi Janice, yes - Op shop is short for 'opportunity shop' - the same as your thrift shops in the USA.
Violet Town is a tiny rural town here in Victoria, and its biggest claim to fame would probably be a disastrous railway accident which occured there many years ago, but is still remembered by most people who were old enough to understand the tragic loss of lives at that time.

loulee said...

Gina, I love the willow pattern apron. Thanks for visiting me!